Manual Handling Training Course – Kerry
Book a course by clicking the blue box (above).
If you require a Manual Handling Certificate/ticket, Seamus might be able to help. Seamus provides generic manual handling (lifting) training courses via
- Blended learning .
Most Manual Handling courses are held in Killarney which is an ideal location for people living in Tralee, Listowel, Dingle and those living in Kerry, Cork, Limerick border areas. Seamus does NOT provide people lifting courses for the health care industry.
- Traditional Classroom courses with a group of 12 people takes about 4 hours to complete.
- Blended learning courses, are self paced, and are a mix of both online and face to face training. You operate at your own pace until you are happy that you understand the contents. The online module can takes about 40 minutes (you can take as long as you wish) in your home at a time that suits you and the face to face module can normally be completed by one person in about 20 minutes. Feedback for the blended type course is positive and everyone seems to be happy with it.
Regardless of which type of manual handling training picked, employers should always carry out follow up workplace supervision to ensure the lessons learned are put into effect at the workplace. Course participants must also ensure that they put into practice the learning achieved at the training course. Employers must, as required by S19 of the 2005 Act, conduct a risk assessment of all work activities involving manual handling. This assessment should highlight what improvements need to made to minimise the risk posed by the activity. Course participants must not engage in any flexibility exercises without first consulting with a relevant medical professional.
• Manual Handling legislation (law).
• Basic functions of the spine and type of injuries
• Examples of unsafe lifting (high risk) and how to avoid it
• Practical examples of safer (low risk) lifting methods.
• Reasons and various types of lifts to avoid and discussion on the MAC tool.
Do you need to take a test/exam?
Yes, you need to complete, both a basic theory and practical test.
BOOK A MANUAL HANDLING COURSE HERE (Just click the blue button below)