Book a course – Kerry
Safe Pass – Manual Handling – Abrasive wheels
Construction workers in Ireland must be in possession of a valid Solas Safe Pass card. The card demonstrates that the holder has a basic knowledge of Health and Safety. You can book Solas SafePass, Manual Handling & Abrasive Wheel Training Courses below.
Safe Pass Course contents
1. Construction Site safety – Introduction to site safety, Legislation and site safety, Site accident reporting
2. Introduction to risk assessment
3. Implementing risk assessment – Risk assessment for heights, excavations and electricity
4. General site safety – Site safety and construction equipment, Site safety and construction vehicles
5. Personal safety – Personal protective equipment, Noise and vibration, Manual handling, Personal health and welfare
Safe Pass courses in Kerry – All participants must have a good standard of English. Courses start at 8am SHARP and are full day courses. The training room opens at 7.30am, course registration finishes 7.50am.
To attend a Safe Pass course you need to –
• arrive on time (expected to be in your seat at 7.50am)
• be at least 16 years of age
• have an Irish PPS number
• present two passport type photos (identical & recently taken)
• have fluent English.
• produce VALID photo ID
After the course all participants must ensure that they put into practice the learning achieved at the Safe Pass training programme and discuss any concerns they may have with their employer and /or safety adviser.
Lots of Safe Pass courses are run in Killarney, which is a fantastic location for Kerry people living in places such as Tralee, Listowel, and Dingle. It is also a good location for people living near Mallow, Cork, Macroom, Millstreet, Limerick, Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest, Mallow and of course the Kerry borders. Courses are also run in Little Island Co Cork.