Privacy statement (Safe Pass )
Seamus O’Sullivan Training values your business and will take great care of your personal data. This is a brief statement on what happens to your personal data which you provided for the Safe Pass course. For your security, Card details are NOT taken over the phone, or in person, bookings are taken online via a secure site. There is a longer, more technical, and fuller version available on this site. On the morning of the Safe Pass course, you need to do the following –
- Provide your signature on the attendance list. This is required by Solas to confirm you attended the course. After the course, the trainer will enter the assessment test result on this document in the form of pass/refer. For legal purposes, this list will be kept on file for seven years and then shredded.
- Provide two recently taken passport type photos which must be signed in front of the Trainer. One photo will be attached to the Safe Pass Application form. The second signed photo is send in digital format to Solas, and kept on file by the Trainer until Solas issues the Safe Pass cards. It will then be securely shredded.
- Produce Valid photo ID, a photo of it will be kept on file until Solas issues your Safe Pass card. This is required to ensure quick turnaround of cards as queries are often raised as to the true identity of the Safe Pass card applicant and helps to eliminate fraud. This photo will be shredded once Solas accepts all course applications
- Provide Evidence of your PPS/process number. This number is required by Solas. Workers from another EU country wishing to work on a temporary contract for an employer from outside Ireland must have a process number. You must provide several bits of information to the trainer who will apply to Solas on your behalf for a process number. This number is required to ensure that you are entitled to work in Ireland
- In the event of the candidate not being fluent in English, He/she will be asked to do a short test, to clarify his/her ability to understand English. This can be done in private. If the applicant does not understand the test, He/she will not be allowed to attend the course. A written record of this test will, for legal reasons, be kept on file for seven years.
- You will then be given an application form (issued by Solas), which requires you to provide your name, your address, your date of birth & PPS number, your gender, and your employer details. The form will allow you opt in to various services if you wish. The contents of this application form is sent, via a secure line, in digital form to a secure server located in Dublin, Ireland. The hard copy of the application form is kept on file for 12 weeks after the Safe Pass card has been dispatched to you. The application form, for security reasons, will, then be shredded.
- At the end of the course, you will be presented with a test paper, you will be asked to provide your name & address A test will be delivered in accordance with Solas rules. This test paper is shredded once the Safe Pass card is dispatched to you.
- You will, in the evening, be given an evaluation sheet to complete. This asks for your comments, your name and your employer’s name. It provided feedback for Solas and the trainer. This sheet will be kept on file for 13 months. It will then be shredded.
The shredder used will be a mid-level security shredder, also known as a cross-cut paper, or confetti-cut shredder. (Security level P3)
Long version of Privacy Statement /Policy:
We at Seamus O Sullivan training are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website at www.seamusosullivan.ie. This website uses secure encrypted, bidirectional, communications over the internet. Its URL begins with HTTPS, the S at the end of HTTPS stands for secure, it means communication between your browser and the website are encrypted. (you can see a padlock symbol on the address bar)
We will never reveal your personal information to any third party or entity except under the following circumstances, or as explained below:
- If a governmental agency, or an attorney/lawyer subpoenas your private information, or makes a formal request for discovery pursuant to any legal action, or pending legal action.
- If our attorney/lawyer requests such information relevant to a current or pending legal matter in which you are a potential or actual party or otherwise contributed in some way to the causation of the legal matter.
2 . Types of I n f o r m a t i o n C o l l e c t e d:
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email, phone number and address,
Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us
Sensitive Credit/Debit card information is not received, stored, or retained on our website. All sensitive data is processed by a secure payment processor, who is certified to PCI Service Provider level 1 which is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. Statistical information is gathered automatically when you visit the website
This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic and geographical information regarding, for example, user IP addresses browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3 . P u r p o s e s f o r w h i c h w e h o l d y o u r I n f o r m a t i o n .
- Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
(c) Personal account information is kept as follows-username and login details. Your password is only known to you and can be changed at any time through the website database.
(d) All payment information is processed through a secure Payment Processor who is certified to PCI Service Provider level 1, which is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. (PCI means Payment card industry) and we retain or receive no sensitive data on billing and credit cards.
- Non-Personal Data:
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
This website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer,
Information about your use of this website is collected using server access logs and a tracking cookie. Our cookies are not available to other websites. Our cookies will record the following
The collected information consists of the following:
- The IP address from which you access the website;
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- The addresses of pages from where you followed a link to our site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to better understand how and when our site is used. We do not (and will not allow any third party to) track or collect personally identifiable information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other sources.
By using this website, you consent to the collection of this data in the manner and for the purpose described above.
You may turn off your Cookies by adjusting the appropriate setting on your browser. Please consult the HELP menu of your browser to learn how to turn your Cookies off. Cookies do not reveal personal information and if you turn off your “Cookies” you may find your enjoyment of the Internet, and our site, to be reduced or impaired.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your ease of use of this website.
- Use of Your Information
We use your information to supply you with goods or services ordered by you, to bill you and to contact you about an order. We also analyse information provided by you and others to help us administer, support, and improve our business.
We may use your information to contact you to tell you about important changes or developments to the website or our services, or to obtain your views on our services.
Where you have agreed, we may use your information to let you know about other products and services, which might be of interest to you. This contact may be by post, telephone, or e-mail. If you want to stop receiving information about other products and services, you can opt out at any time by contacting us email@example.com
5 . D i s c l o s u r e o f I n f o r m a t i o n t o T h i r d P a r t i e s
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include e.g. potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection
Requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
- IP Addresses
An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. When you visit a particular web page in www.seamusosullivan.ie our servers log your IP address, hardware and software used, e.g. type of computer, smart phone, operating system, etc.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
7 . S a l e o f B u s i n e s s
8 . S e c u r i t y
We at Seamus O Sullivan Training take your security very seriously
This website uses secure encrypted, bidirectional, communication over the internet. Its URL begins with HTTPS, the S at the end of HTTPS stands for secure, it means all communication between your browser and the website are encrypted.
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. For information held on file, access is restricted to only those staff members that require that information to perform a specific job. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices
- U p d a t i n g , Ve r i f y i n g a n d D e l e t i n g P e r s o n a l D a t a
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under GDPR and the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 as amended we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with requested changes of your details to us at any time. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. See summary above.
Privacy statements on third party (External) links
This website site contains links to other third party websites which are provided for information purposes only and we are not responsible for the content, copyright or privacy policies/practices of these external websites/links.
We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies
- C h a n g e s t o t h e Web s i t e P r i v a c y P o l i c y.