This course aims to provide the learner with the essentials of ladder safety and the recognition of hazards in the workplace.
On completion of this course, learners will;
- Understand safety while working at heights
- The legislation surrounding
- Identify height risk and carryout an assessment
- Safe positioning, storage & usage of a ladder in the workplace.
- Health & Safety Legislation in Ireland
- Duties of Employers & Employees as per the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Risk Assessment
- Accident reporting, and it’s prevention
- Working at Heights Regulations
- Protective Equipment for personal use
- Pre-use inspection of ladders while working at heights
This is a class based course, and learners will go through an assessment process.
- Maximum of 12 learners
- 3 to 4 hours (depending on interaction)
- Certificate of Attendance for all participants.